Meeting called to order by Speaker Mr. Skidmore at 1:35 pm.
All members present with Manny Morones and Donnie Sternberger attending as guests.
1. Motion made by Mr. Crozier with a second by Mr. Fisher to approve the previous months minutes. Vote was 6-0. Motion passed. (Mr. Skidmore did not vote as he did not attend the meeting).
2. Financial report presented by Mr. Skidmore. Current balance of $9,868.13. Motion made by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Quigley to accept the report as presented. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
3. Mr. Fuhrmann advises that the MSSL Rules are 100% up to date. Revision to the MSSL Procedure are in the final proofreading stage. All will be up-to-date by the next meeting.
4. Discussion about plaques for Commissioner Mr. Hustead and Rex Finley. Two options presented by Mr. Fuhrmann. Option one is a three-foot-high plaque behind the backstop on fields one and three. Option two is to have the plaques inlaid in the ground at same locations. Awaiting input from construction coordinator Carlos Kurianski.
5. Discussed make-up of our one team in the Bob Kapeller Memorial tournament on February 26, 2020 at Big League Dreams in Perris. John Sennett is managing the team with Ed Nicholls. John also collected donations from the league in support of the veteran’s charity. The Board and League would like to thank John for all of his efforts.
6. Team 3 representative Donnie Sternberger made a presentation to switch a league player on the sub list from a rating of 9 to a rating of 10 in order to fill a team vacancy at the 10 spot. After discussion and a vote of 4-3, the switch was not approved. Voting against was Mr. Curley, Mr. Fuhrmann, Mr. Quigley and Mr. Sennett. Mr. Sternberger was notified that his request was not approved.
1. Defibrillator training was conducted this afternoon by Mr. Mike Fagan. Several MSSL board members and players participated. Defibrillator is kept in Valley Wide supervisors (Tammy) office. The Board and League would like to thank Mr. Fagan for taking the time to provide us with the valuable training.
2. At the suggestion of several league members, we have delayed the schedule change to April 14, 2020. All games will continue to have start times of 9 and 11 am until April 14.
3. Mr. Dick is still looking for practice balls to fill up the teams buckets. If you have an excess of practice balls or have league balls in your bat bag, please give them to Gene for distribution. It costs the league in excess of $5/ball. Buying new balls is the Leagues single largest annual expenditure. The balls are not purchased for individual league members to keep.
4. SSUSA started using the 1-1 count for all age groups at the start of the new season. MSSL follows the rules of SSUSA. Since our league did not want to follow that new rule, the Board had to vote to not start with a 1-1 count. The vote was 7-0 in favor of not adopting the SSUSA rule.
5. Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020. (St. Patrick’s Day. Wear Green.)
6. Meeting adjourned at approximately 2:45 pm.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann