May 2020 BOD Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order by Speaker Mr. Skidmore, on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10:02AM. NOTE: Meeting was held outside at Wheatfield Park due to Covid-19 regulations.
All Board members were physically present except Mr. Curley who attended by phone due to the coronavirus situation. Our Commissioner, Ed Hustead was not present. Jeff Millard, Dan Krepich, and Manny Morones attended as guests.
1. Motion made by Mr. Quigley with a second by Mr. Fisher to approve the minutes of the February 20, 2020 meeting. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed. NOTE: No meetings were held in March or April 2020 due to Covid-19. (2nd NOTE: Also remote voting approved on a one time basis only).
2. Mr. Skidmore presented the financial reports from February, March and April 2020. All reports were approved by7-0 votes. Balance at the end of April was $8,352.40.
3. Received final update to MSSL procedures. Will forward to Mr. Curley for final editing and posting to the website.
4. Mr. Fuhrmann presented costs of plaques for Commissioner Ed Hustead and Rex Finley. Final construction details (inlaid or elevated) will be finalized with construction coordinator Carlos Kurianski when the MSSL resumes. Costs (depending on final analysis) will be approximately $100.00.
1. Deadline for MSSL members to apply for BOD vacancies extended until July 1, 2020. Current applicants are Ted Bennett, Robb Braun, Dan Krepich, and Jeff Millard. Current BOD member Mr. Curley is also running for re-election. Procedures for submitting your name have not changed.
2. After discussion, the BOD decided to CANCEL the remaining 2020 Spring Season. No winner will be declared. We will proceed with a summer draft/schedule and then resume the regular 2020 Fall Season in September. The draft will take place in August.
3. Discussed procedures for disseminating MSSL information. Mr. Fuhrmann will handle the Facebook posts, Mr. Curley will handle e-mail distribution, Mr. Quigley will communicate with the Managers and Jerry Callahan will update our website.
4. Discussed our Chief Umpire’s performance. Motion made by Mr. Quigley with a second by Mr. Fisher to confirm his position. Vote was 6-1 (Mr. Crozier dissenting). Motion passed. Mr. Quigley to advise Steve Baranick of the results. The board appreciates the job Mr. Baranick has done since taking over the position.
5. Discussed decorum at our monthly board meetings. We encourage all members to attend the monthly board meetings but we ask that you follow the lead of the Speaker and wait until you are called upon to interject yourself into the meeting. Also, if you want to see a change to the League Rules or Procedures, you will need to use the Suggestion Form (available on the League website) and submit the form to the Board 72 hours prior to the meeting. We need to follow this so the board members can be prepared to discuss the change and vote on whether to incorporate the change into the Rules or Procedures.
6. Discussion on new scoreboards deferred to next meeting.
7. The license for the Leagues website through GoDaddy expires in December. Mr. Curley to find out through our Webmaster, Jerry Callahan, how much it will cost to renew. Depending on the cost, we may have to look at alternatives.
8. Phoebe Barber (Mrs. Don) has some equipment to donate to the league. Mr. Skidmore to coordinate.
9. Discussion on the need for additional practice balls deferred until we get back on the field.
10. The League picnic has been canceled due to the COVID outbreak.
11. The next BOD meeting is scheduled on Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Location to be determined.
12. Motion to adjourn by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Sennett. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed and meeting adjourned at approximately 12:10pm.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann.