MSSL BOD MEETING MINUTES Thursday, September 24, 2020
Meeting called to order by Mr. Skidmore at 11:30 am in the Discovery Park gazebo.
All board members in attendance with the exception of Commissioner Ed Hustead and Mr. Sennett. Ted Bennett, and Ed Nicholls attended as guests.
1. Motion made by Mr. Crozier with a second by Mr. Quigley to approve the minutes from July 30, 2020 board meeting. Vote was 6-0. Motion passed.
2. Mr. Skidmore presented the July and August 2020 financial statements. Motion made by Mr. Quigley with a second by Mr. Crozier to approve the July statement. Vote was 6-0. Motion passed. July balance is $8,198.54. Motion made by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Crozier to approve the August statement. Vote was 6-0.Motion passed. August balance was $8,209.03. August was the end of the leagues fiscal year.
3. Mr. Fuhrmann presented the Ed Hustead and Rex Finley field signs. All comments were positive. The cost for both signs was approximately $195. Mr. Hustead’s sign will be installed at Wheatfield Park, Field 1 and Mr. Finley’s will be installed at Field 3. The board thanked Mr. Fuhrmann for his efforts.
4. New Scoreboards. Deferred to next meeting.
5. Website Support. We will be moving our provider in November. Mr. Curley will finalize with Webmaster, Jerry Callahan in November. Final discussions at next meeting.
6. MSSL bullhorn purchased for $43.13 by Mr. Curley.
7. Election materials ready to go once we return to Wheatfield Park.
1. Mr. Skidmore presented the proposed 2021 fiscal year budget. After discussion, motion made by Mr. Quigley with a second by Mr. Fisher to adopt the proposal. Vote was 6 -0. Motion passed. In an effort to reduce the league surplus, the spring 2021 league fees will be $10.00.
2. The Board thanked Mr. Sennett and Ed Nicholls for their hard work in keeping the MSSL moving forward during this COVID shutdown. As soon as we are allowed to move back to Wheatfield, we will do so. The board is looking forward to resuming normal activities.
3. There was a discussion of possible rules changes for the Spring 2021 season. The board is considering two (2) changes:
a. Each batter starting with a 1-1count;
b. Playing 2 innings at a time. Further discussion over the next two months.
4. Umpires – discussion on whether we want to move forward with paid umpires. Further discussions to follow. Mr. Skidmore pointed out that paid umpires were not assumed in the 2021 MSSL budget.
5. Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
6. Motion for adjournment made by Mr. Fuhrmann with a second by Mr. Fisher. Vote was 6 -0. Motion passed and meeting adjourned at 12:40 pm.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann.