MSSL BOD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
Meeting called to order by Mr. Skidmore at 11:30 am in the Discovery Park gazebo.
All board members in attendance with the exception of Commissioner Ed Hustead and Mr. Quigley (he was in attendance via the phone). Ted Bennett, and Jeff Millard attended as guests.
Board held a closed session for approximately 20 minutes on a personnel matter.
1. Mr. Skidmore presented previous month’s minutes. Motion for approval by Mr. Crozier with a second by Mr.Fisher. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
2. Mr. Skidmore presented the monthly financial report. At the end of September the MSSL has a balance of$8169.37. Motion made by Mr. Fisher with second by Mr. Curley to accept the report. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
3. Mr. Fuhrmann advised the plaques for Ed Hustead and Rex Finley are completed and scheduled for installation on Monday, November 9, 2020 at Wheatfield Park at noon.
4. Mr. Skidmore advises the gift cards are available for new scoreboard constructor Mike Coltharp and webmaster Jerry Callahan. New website developer WordPress now in the process of installation. Thank you to former website (GoDaddy).
5. New Board of Directors elections still awaiting our return to Wheatfield Park for full MSSL member participation.
1. Discussion to include two (2) new rule changes before the start of the next season.
a. Each batter to start with a one (1) ball and a one (1) strike count. This rule was not adopted.
b. Home team would stay in the field for two (2) consecutive innings to start the game. Bases will be cleared after three (3) outs or five (5) runs scored. Home team will then go on offense for two (2) innings, clearing the bases after three (3) outs or five (5) runs are scored. This will continue through inning four (4). At the end of inning four (4) each team will play innings five (5) through seven (7) one (1) inning at a time until the game is completed. The board approved this rule change.
2. The board discussed a letter presented by MSSL member Joe Hansell regarding player safety. Further discussion with particulars deferred until next meeting.
3. Closed session to discuss personnel issue.
4. Discussed current “Bootleg” League. We would like to thank Ed Nicholls and John Sennett for putting this together and keeping so many of our guys on the field playing ball. It was discussed that since the majority of players are from the MSSL (approximately 92 of 104), the MSSL Board of Directors will resume management of the MSSL at the conclusion of the current season. The player draft for the spring season is anticipated to take place late December or early January. Motion to resume MSSL responsibilities at the start of the next season made by Mr. Fuhrmann with a second by Mr. Fisher. Vote was 4 – 3. Votes against by Mr. Quigley, Mr. Crozier and Mr. Curley. Motion passed.
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at the Discovery Park gazebo immediately following the conclusion of the games (approximately 12 pm).
Motion made by Mr. Fuhrmann with second by Mr. Quigley for adjournment. Vote was 7 -0. Meeting adjourned at approximately 1:15 pm.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann.
MSSL BOD MEETING MINUTES