Monthly Board of Directors meeting minutes..December 15, 2020.
Meeting called to order by Speaker Mr. Skidmore at 10:00 AM in the gazebo at Discovery Park.
All members present (Mr. Sennett on the phone). Mr. Hustead did not attend.
1. Mr. Crozier made a motion to accept the minutes of the November 24, 2020 meeting minutes with a second by Mr. Fisher. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
2. Mr. Skidmore presented the November financial report. Balance is $6,945.45. Briefly discussed the proposed budget for fiscal year 2021 with adjusted outlook based on MSSL 2021 Spring Season. Mentioned the $96 yearly fee on our new website and that it will have to be renewed November 2021. Also mentioned that Larry Roberts has to be reimbursed for the purchase of the “chalker” and paint for 160 foot line. Motion by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Quigley for approval. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
3. Mr. Fuhrmann advised ballots prepared for new Board of Directors election.
1. Discussion on the upcoming MSSL 2021 Spring Season. Rules will be temporarily suspended and/or followed:
a. NO league fees.
b. NO Red/White MSSL jerseys will be worn at games.
c. We will start with a 0-0 count.
d. We will use 12 players on defense as long as we play at Discovery Park. We will convert back to 11 when we return to Wheatfield Park or play on fenced in fields.
e. To improve the pace of play, the following procedure shall be used: Visitors bat in the top of the first inning as usual. Beginning with the bottom of the first inning, each defensive team will remain in the field for two (2) innings with each inning ending due to three (3) outs or five (5) runs scored. (Visitors in the field for innings 1-2, 3-4. Home team in the field for innings 2-3, 4-5). Starting in the bottom of the 5th inning, the game is played to conclusion as traditionally done, with each team alternating being at bat or in the field.
f. We will use VOLUNTEER umpires.
2. Team waiver forms will be signed at the start of the season. Managers to have players sign. Record keeping by the League Secretary.
3. Motion for adjournment by Mr. Fuhrmann with a second by Mr. Quigley. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
4. Date of next meeting to be advised.
Meeting adjourned at approximately 12:10 PM.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann.