MSSL BOD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, March 11, 2021
Meeting called to order by Speaker Mr. Skidmore at 10am at the Pizza Factory due to inclement weather.
The Assistant Commissioner, Gene Dick, and all board members present (Mr. Curley on the phone).
Incoming board members Robb Braun, Ted Bennett and Dan Krepich were in attendance. Jeff Millard was not able to make the meeting.
Jack Buss, Hobie Burgess, Ed Nicholls, and Al Rico attended as guests.
1. Motion made by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Crozier to accept the previous meeting minutes. (December 2020). Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
2. Financial reports for December 2020,January 2021 and February 2021 were presented by Mr. Skidmore, the League Treasurer.
a. Motion made by Mr. Quigley with a second by Mr. Fisher to approve the December 2020 report. Balance is $6,945.76. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
b. Motion made by Mr. Crozier with a second by Mr. Sennett to approve the January 2021 report. Balance is $6,552.07. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
c. Motion made by Mr. Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Quigley to approve the February 2021 report. Balance is $6,226.67. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
3. Mr. Skidmore introduced the three(3) incoming board members in attendance. He then described the board positions coming available. Mr. Robb Braun is taking over as the Leagues Treasurer. The other positions will be determined at the next board meeting in April. The three (3) incumbent board members, Mr. Quigley, Mr. Sennett and Mr. Fuhrmann will decide if they are going to remain in their current positions or make a change to one of the available positions.
4. As the League Secretary, Mr. Fuhrmann will write a letter to the Leagues bank, Provident, notifying them of the assignment changes. Mr. Skidmore and Mr. Hustead will be removed from the account and Mr. Braun and Mr. Fuhrmann will be added. Mr.’s Skidmore, Braun and Fuhrmann will make arrangements to meet at the bank in Sun City for the necessary processing.
5. Mr. Fuhrmann replaced the chain and lock on the field box at Wheatfield Park. Thank you to Mr. Fuhrmann and also thank you to Mr. Dick who removed all of the boxes content to protect the leagues property. Mr. Fuhrmann has the key for the field box.
6. The outgoing board members need to turn in their Wheatfield equipment box keys to Mr. Quigley.
1. Mr. Skidmore presented all of the required paperwork from Valley Wide in order for us to return to Wheatfield Park. Mr. Skidmore, Mr. Fuhrmann and Mr. Braun will complete all the requirements. Mr. Braun has been given a copy of the documents. Mr. Skidmore will contact SSUSA to get the required documents for the league to procure the necessary Liability Insurance.
2. We plan to move to Wheatfield Park for games beginning Tuesday, April 6, 2021 with games on Ed Hustead Field #1and Rex Finely Field #3. We need to meet Valley Wide’s requirements and they have state requirements to meet for the opening of the park.
3. We will be going back to a Tuesday/Thursday league schedule. Game times will be 8:30am and 10:30am. The schedule is currently being adjusted and the RAINED OUT games will be added to the end of this current schedule. The summer league will start in mid-June.
4. Any players returning to the League will be placed on the Sub List and added to teams as positions become available.
5. Adjustments to the league sign and new banners at Wheatfield Park will be updated shortly.
6. The Board is in the early stages of electing a new League Commissioner to replace our late Commissioner, Ed Hustead. Details will be forthcoming.
7. To honor our late Commissioner, Ed Hustead, Mr. Fuhrmann gave specifics of the procession through Wheatfield Park on Monday, March 29, 2021. Details about our role will be out shortly. Family and specific friends will be the only ones allowed to attend the services at the cemetery (maximum of 20). Commissioner Hustead’s Memorial will be held at Impact Church on Saturday, April 10 from 11am – 2pm. Please let Mr. Fuhrmann know, if you are planning on attending, so the family can have the correct amount of food available.
8. The next Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 20, 2021. New Board positions will be determined for the incoming Board members.
9. Motion for adjournment by Mr. Fuhrmann with a second by Mr. Quigley. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
10. Meeting adjourned at approximately12:15pm.
Minutes submitted by League Secretary, Mr. Bob Fuhrmann.
MSSL BOD MEETING MINUTES